November 24, 2007

Harbour Challenge

I went down on Wednesday, but as I had to pick up the grandkids I didn't poke about too much. I am happy with a couple of the pictures - and the rest are rather ordinary, in my opinion. At any rate - here we go!

Here is the obligatory fishing boat picture.

I took this one because I was thinking of the nice ice cream treats we have in the summer, and we sit at these little tables on warm summer evenings. Then I liked the reflections. I am big on reflections!

There are boats and people of all kinds at the waterfront! Is he going to Protection Island or one of the boats that are anchored in the harbour?

I said I liked reflections......



This is the reflection of the Cameron Island tower.


Up at the top by the street and the Bastion is a row of roses, still showing lots of pretty blooms.
(Second to water and reflections come flower pics...)

I think that I read that the old museum is closed now.


So that's my offering.... I am anxious to see what Rain and Dilling and Krista have done.

See the pictures in a larger format here.

4 comments:

dilling said...

The reflections down there were incredible for me as well. I love your Cameron Island photo! I guess that I will have to convert to that ice cream shop now that Sprinkles at Departure Bay is gone.

raine said...

Nice!! I love your Cameron Island photo too. My reflection photos didn't work as well. Neither did my ice cream parlour stools. They just looked sad.

Potager Life said...

The roses! No one else got the roses (or at least no one posted any). I love that long stretch of 'wild' rose bushes down there. I've got several dozen shots taken over the years in my archives. Aren't they lovely? And how about that fennel that grows all the way along, too? My kids like to munch on it. I make sure they pick from up HIGH though, cause you know.

Lovely shots, Georgia!

Potager Life said...

I have no idea why that got posted as Hillary! Technology is so quirky. I can't remember using my daughter's name on my Blogger account. Anyway, that's me above, Krista. I'm sure you figured that out, though :)