January 20, 2008

Victoria and Back

This morning the weather began to change for the better.....

Sunrise! Finally I can see the mountains on the mainland - these are zoomed, of course - to the coast range beyond Pender Harbour. This seine boat was heading out - I don't know what they are catching right now.


The last couple of days a flock of pine siskins has been visiting the feeder.

I went to Victoria today. I thought I would get some good pictures, but it hadn't cleared there yet and there was a cold wind blowing. I had a short walk in Beacon Hill Park.



By the time I got back to Nanaimo the sky was lovely and blue, and as I was driving up the Parkway I took a short detour to the top of College Heights. This is part of the panorama. Protection Island is the small one closest to town, and the larger island to the right is Gabriola.

Zooming in on the boat lagoon and Protection Island. There is a freighter anchored on the far side of the island.

This is looking towards the old downtown area. The crane is where the new condos are going in on the waterfront.

Then zooming northward...... Departure Bay is to the right. At the bottom of the picture is Buttertubs Marsh. Just above the entrance to Departure Bay and on the mainland is Sechelt.

The flower of the day...... more snowdrops in Victoria.

No comments: