January 8, 2008

January Days....

The first three pictures were taken yesterday - it was mostly cloudy but quite mild.

I drove up to the top of Oakridge - this is the marina channel with Departure Bay to the right.


This is a picture of the new C-class ferry on our Departure Bay / Horseshoe Bay run. It is quite a bit bigger than the old one behind it. As I am going to Vancouver next Monday, maybe I will get to ride on it....... Yes, I do believe in ferries......

This was taken from the new planned subdivision below the Lost Lake Rd., looking down on all the new building on Rocky Point.

Yesterday was nice - today was a different story. It snowed at the higher levels (not at my house) and then warmed up and rained. This is Jingle Pot Rd. this afternoon.


I stopped at the Millstone River - it is usually a small stream, but is now flooding over the banks.

Flower of the day - heather, of course....... all the winter heather is looking very colourful.

1 comment:

raine said...

My goodness, you were all over the place....