January 6, 2008

Brannen Lake

The day started out cloudy and dull, but gradually brightened in the afternoon and about +5 C.

I was out briefly, and drove around Brannen Lake. The snow is quite low on Mount Benson.


There isn't much access to the lake - I only know of this little road down to the water.

The lake is very high after all the rains, flooding into the fields.


At the south end of the lake is the Nanaimo Correctional Centre - it used to be called the Brannen Lake Penitentiary. That is part of it on the right of the picture.


Back home - the view from my window at sunset.

Flower of the day - I am not sure what these are called - but they bloom all winter.

1 comment:

raine said...

Lovely photos of the lake. And a flower!! Was that an escaping inmate I see across the lake?