December 21, 2007

My Christmas tree

Yesterday I put up my tree, and the grandkids - mostly Aidan - decorated it. My tree is decorated with a collection of stars and snowflakes.

It really needs a bit of work - I like all my favourite stars to be shown at their best.....


For example, this very delicate one was purchased at the gift shop by the crypt in St. Paul's Cathedral, London.

This one I bought at the Christmas store in Rothenburg, Germany - a medieval city on the 'Romantic Road'.

And at the top, a star from China bought at the cloisonne factory near Beijing.

3 comments:

dilling said...

Beautiful....I love the first star especially. Is it very unchristmasy that I would like that for a tattoo? Probably. Just the same....
I was looking at Cameron Island from Nob Hill Park last night and you couldn't see the individual lights but just the glow of red and green...thought of you....

georgia strait said...

That would make a neat tattoo - although I am a bit old for this....

raine said...

I don't think that the second one is right..I am almost postivie I gave it to you last year! So which really is the one from Germany?