May 25, 2008

Milner Gardens

I am sorry that I have been negligent in putting up pictures! I will try to do better.....

Today I drove up to Coombs to buy some more bamboo fencing, and then stopped at Milner Gardens in Qualicum. The rhodos are lovely - but the wisteria on the old house is looking rather sad.

This is the lawn in front of the house, with the big trees of the forest behind.

The front lawn looks over the strait. There are a couple of people with kayaks below.


The garden has hundreds of rhododendrons, most in bloom right now.


One lovely tree is a copper beech.

Behind the more formal garden are many paths lined with very old rhodos and wildflowers as ground cover. Milner is a 'wild' garden, with the rhodos and other flowers blending with the forest and the wild flowers and plants.

This Solomon's Seal or False Lily of the Valley used as some of the ground cover.

The peonies are just starting to bloom.


This laburnum is almost out in bloom. I want one!

Sunset tonight from my window. A bit hazy, but nice.....


No comments: