May 27, 2008

Around Home

Another day of sunshine, with rainy bits.....

In the late morning the smog (mist?) was so think the mountains couldn't be seen.


This is a small part of my concrete 'back 40'. As you can see, is is a work in progress. I usually have it all organized by this time of year.

My back 'yard' goes to the top of a steep cliff. Growing on the rocks are pampas grass and bamboo planted by a previous owner, cedar, fir, willow, maple, arbutus (madrona), and trees that I can't name that grow like crazy. I must get the tree men to come in and cut down all the larger specimens.

I can't resist clematis. I have bought several new ones this year and now must get them re-planted.

By late afternoon the mountains are visible. This is looking towards Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast.

No comments: