September 21, 2007

Survivor China





















I have been waiting and waiting for the new Survivor China series. The ads showed the wonderful mountains of south China near the city of Guilin. In the spring of 2006 I did a three week tour of the country - and this part was my favourite. These ancient limestone peaks rise out of the flat Li Valley floor...... very spectacular.





















I was a bit disappointed in the show - the intro was great and the bits they showed to introduce each section had good pictures - but it didn't seem as if the action was in this part of China. They also showed the Great Wall - which is at least 1000 miles from Guilin and these mountains. It is just like having Survivor in the Yukon, and showing Vancouver and Medicine Hat. Anyway, I shall continue to watch for the glimpses of the things and places I have seen.






















I really want to go back. Did you catch the Great Wall in summer, with everything green? This is the day in March when I was there. Do you want to come?

1 comment:

raine said...

I want to go on the Great Wall!